Your legacy to The Speech & Stuttering Institute will help transform lives for lasting change!
Did you know that you can plan your legacy to include a gift to The Speech & Stuttering Institute?
Why leave a bequest to SSI?
- Gifts by bequest in your Will* or designating The Speech & Stuttering Institute in your Life Insurance* allows you to make a larger donation than may be possible during your lifetime
- Charitable giving through your estate can help you to minimize the taxes that will ultimately have to be paid
- Is a powerful way to show your support for the valuable work being done at the Institute and helping so many people find their voice
- When you inform us of your intention, we would be pleased to recognise your generosity and ensure that you receive appropriate recognition (including the option of remaining anonymous)
How do you make a legacy gift to SSI?
If you are drafting your first will or want to make any changes to your existing will, your lawyer can include a bequest to a charity like The Speech & Stuttering Institute. If your current will meets your needs, but you want to add a bequest to The Speech & Stuttering Institute your lawyer may recommend adding a codicil to your will.
“I Give and Bequeath to The Speech and Stuttering Institute in Toronto, Ontario, Canada (Charitable registration #: 119159358 RR0001) _______________________________(insert one of the options below)”
- For a percentage share: “a ________________% of my estate, for its own use absolutely”
- For a specific amount: “the sum of $_____________, for its own use absolutely”
- For a residual bequest: “the residual of my estate, for its own use absolutely”
For a gift to a specific project it is recommended that you discuss the wording of your gift with the Director of Development or Executive Director first.
Recognizing Your Gift
If it is your intention to leave a future legacy gift to The Speech & Stuttering Institute and would like your generosity to be recognized in your lifetime, please inform the Director of Development.
For More Information
Please contact: Loriellen Karam, Director of Development
The Speech & Stuttering Institute | 95 Barber Greene Road, Suite 308, Toronto, ON M3C 3E9
416-491-7771 ext. 243 | firstname.lastname@example.org