This workshop is currently full. Please check back later for future training workshops.
Friday March 10 – Sunday March 12, 2017
Time: Day 1: 8:30am – 4pm, Day 2: 9am to 4pm, Day 3: 9am to 4pm
Location: The Speech & Stuttering Institute, 2-150 Duncan Mill Road, Toronto, ON M3B 3M4
$450 for current SLP Students
$550 for recent SLP graduates
Fee includes comprehensive handouts and light refreshments.
This program will cover therapy for the school-aged child up to adult (9 years and up), with a brief discussion addressing the younger child.
Participants will learn to:
– view treatment in the broad context of behavioural, cognitive, emotional, and psycho-social aspects of stuttering
– identify pretreatment considerations
– model specific fluency facilitating skills through hands-on training and experience
– help clients to overcome speech fears through cognitive restructuring
– use effective procedures to achieve transfer
– develop long-term maintenance planning
Please note that there will be no refunds after January 27, 2017