Date: Wednesday, November 4 – Thursday, November 5 2020
Time: 8:30am – 3:30pm EST (will include ½ hour lunch break and short breaks)
Location: This workshop will take place through Zoom
Fee: $400 Early Bird discount until Thursday, October 1, 2020 ($450 after that date) fee is reduced for COVID-19
PLEASE NOTE: participants must have a strong internet connection; direct plug in to ethernet is suggested
Registration deadline is October 16, 2020
There is a $50 processing fee for refunds No refunds after October 16, 2020
This advanced two day workshop will provide clinicians with more in-depth and practical information on assessment and treatment of preschool and school age children using a motor based approach. Case studies and learning activities will be used to illustrate and apply assessment and treatment content. Participants are asked to bring a couple of games they use with children and story books they use in therapy, and a client case so they have the opportunity to immediately apply workshop material to a child on their caseload.
This workshop is intended for SLPs who work with children with speech sound disorders. CDAs may also attend if their supervising SLP has taken this course.
Day 1 will focus on:
- observation and analysis of motor speech movements
- use of ITEMS (Informal Tool for Early Motor Speech)
- goal and vocabulary selection based on assessment observations
- multiple case studies to demonstrate and practice motor based analysis and goal setting
Day 2 will focus on:
- cueing strategies
- motor learning principles
- parent participation
- two comprehensive case studies to illustrate and demonstrate the treatment principles
- participant’s case study to support application of material with a child on his/her caseload
It is recommended that participants have some motor speech training and/or experience.
Click her for the flyer